The cave of Lascaux is a prehistorical cave discovered in 1940 by 4 teenagers in Montignac, Dordogne, in the valley of Vézère.
Starting 1948, the site is opened to the public. Unfortunately, its intensive touristic exploitation causes irreversible degradations and the site had to be closed down in 1963. In 1983, an imitation of the cave, Lascaux 2 is opened to the public. In 2016, the international center of parietal art, Lascaux 4, is inaugurated .
The international center of parietal art reproduces identically the whole cave of Lascaux in its whole. The visit of Lascaux 4 allows the discovery of prehistory and parietal art in Dordogne, in the cradle of cavemen, the valley of Vézère.